Thursday, November 18, 2010

Frame by frame... (Module 5)

Podcasting in my classroom is integral to the success of my students, especially in the early parts of the course. Being a facilitator of the AQF Hospitality course, I find that students struggle in the first parts of the course, remembering names of specific cuts, processes, and concepts. The way I combat this is to use video of entire lessons to help students learn and recall information by being able to revisit the lesson content over and over again.

I did find it time consuming to have to go through the video and edit it, and getting it to both look right and not be too long can also be an issue, but it was worth it in the end.

Enough talking! Lets look at one video I have made and used in the past. I do plan to do more of these, but shorter and more succinct... Maybe in my holidays :)

Enjoy!






As I said, they need refinement and they are a bit long. But you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment