Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bookmarking (Module 7)

Investigation of a social bookmarking tool I have not yet had an encounter with, was somewhat interesting for me. I have used other tools to manage bookmarks, but was not really aware of the power of something like Delicious.

Not only does it have the power to save and manage bookmarks all over the web, but integrating a social networking experience brings to it a new dimension of usability that may help students to track resources available to them in class activities, assessments and more. I have found that connecting my delicious account to other people accounts enables me to see what things they are interested in, or to follow a particular folder of bookmarks. This would be particularly useful when managing resources for assessments for students. You could even enable differentiation with this type of social bookmarking, as different resource networks could be setup for each group of students.

Overall, I would be interested to further investigate the uses of this tool, and use it in an assessment or ongoing class work for providing students with links to resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment